European Researchers' Night
September 27, 2019 at 6:30 in the main lobby of the Sofia University
The project Researchers in the knowledge triangle (K-TRIO 3) sets as its main goal to foster the interest and attract young talents to research in academia and industry. In the framework of the Europe 2020 strategy, the project aims to contribute for increasing the number of researchers and innovators in Europe and fostering the interest of young people to research and innovation, and fostering their creative spirit.
For achieving its main goal, the following objectives are defined:
- raising awareness on research contribution to progress of industry and society;
- increasing public recognition of researchers;
- raising the curiosity, creativity and competencies of young people.
The project will provide various opportunities to Bulgarian citizens to interact and have fun with researchers and innovators, and will involve them in debates on the contribution of researchers to European economy and society, as well as in ideas generation and open innovation activities. The project activities will take place in 5 Bulgarian cities – Sofia, Russe, Plovdiv, Stara Zagora, Varna, where researchers will meet citizens at various entertainment events.
The target audience of the project includes three groups, with specific activities designed for each group:
- for students and kids: competitions and hands-on experiments (Atelier of young talents), games, discussion clubs, researchers corners;
- for parents, teachers and general society: entertainment programmes, exhibitions, dedicated printed materials, discussion clubs, innovation fairs, researchers corners, EU corners;
- for young researchers: training rally, ideas generation in innovation labs (Cabinets of curiosity and competence).
A special emphasis will be made on EU contribution to research and innovation. At discussion clubs, EU and researchers corners will be presented the Bulgarian participation in EU funded projects, and in Marie Sklodowska Curie (MSC) actions.